Blog

Pecan Bites

Pecan Bite

The original recipe for these gluten free, easy, delicious treats was from Company's Coming. The Boy, from the Get a Bigger Wagon stories, says, "They are so delicious they must be illegal." 

Preheat the oven to 300°F

1 egg white

1 cup of brown sugar, packed

1 teaspoon of vanilla

2 cups of pecan halves, whole

Beat the egg white until soft peaks form. Add the brown sugar and beat until the mixture is stiff. Mix in the vanilla. Fold in the nuts. Drop by teaspoon onto greased baking pan or line a cookie sheet with a Silpat.

Bake the Pecan Bites in a 300°F oven for 20 minutes. Cool these little bites before tasting, because they create a sticky centre which holds the heat.

 

Comments (2)

  • Bev Gardner April 19, 2015 at 12:09 pm

    I have now made the yummy pecan bites twice- first time I over cooked them with a wrong oven setting and Bob loved them! He likes crunchy :)
    Second time they were still good but not chewy as I would like them! But they have been very well received by several people I have served them to, and so way to make! I think I lithe the mixture if who he halves and pieces - another mistake as I thought I had enough halves! Good one Maureen!!

  • Gord The Boy April 10, 2015 at 03:03 pm

    Although I only ate 90% of the cookies and can't speak for the quality of the other 10% I'm going out on a limb here and saying that all of the cookies were "frickin" awesome. Not known for tooting my own horn, I do want to state that I am a treat-eating professional and know the cookie quality area well. This type of professional recognition is only attained by eating treats over 45 years of marriage and may I just say my status, as a professional, is internationally recognized.

Let us know what you think

4 - 6 : 

In From the Cookie Jar Blog, I will be sharing recipes, ideas, and memories gathered over decades. Sign Up Now!

Top Food Blogs